Forza Horizon 5, known for its dynamic racing challenges, offers players an array of skills to master, including the Hard Charger speed skill.
This skill requires precision, speed, and the right vehicle. Here’s an in-depth guide on how to achieve this skill.
Table of Contents
Selecting the Right Car
Achieving the Hard Charger skill starts with choosing a suitable car. This choice is crucial as it directly impacts your ability to reach the necessary speed.
Criteria for Choosing a Car
- High-Speed Capability: Your car should comfortably reach speeds exceeding 200 MPH. Opt for a vehicle that surpasses this speed by a considerable margin to ensure consistency in your attempts.
- List of Fast Cars: If you’re unsure which car to choose, refer to lists of the fastest cars in Forza Horizon 5 for guidance.
- Upgrading Your Car: Enhancements focused on acceleration can significantly aid in reaching top speeds swiftly. Consider making upgrades to your vehicle to facilitate this.
Executing the Burnout Skill
The Burnout skill is a prerequisite to earning the Hard Charger skill. It involves a specific technique with the game’s controls.
Performing a Successful Burnout
- Initial Position: Start from a complete standstill. This setup is critical for executing a proper burnout.
- Control Technique: Press and hold both the LT (brake) and RT (accelerate) triggers on your controller. After holding for about two to three seconds, release the LT (brake) while maintaining acceleration.
- Indicator of Success: You’ll know you’ve executed the Burnout skill successfully when you see the notification pop up on your screen.
Hitting the 200 MPH Mark
After initiating the Burnout skill, your next goal is to accelerate to 200 MPH. This step requires timing and an appropriate location.
Strategies for Reaching High Speeds
- Choosing the Right Road: A flat, straight road is ideal for this challenge. The main highway in the middle of the map is a recommended location due to its length and straightness.
- Traffic Considerations: Opt for a time or place with minimal traffic to avoid interruptions.
- Timing and Execution: Immediately after the Burnout skill, focus on accelerating to 200 MPH. Remember, there’s a limited time frame to achieve this speed after the Burnout.
Securing the Hard Charger Skill
Once you hit the 200 MPH mark following a Burnout, you’ll earn the Hard Charger skill along with a reward of 1,000 skill points.
- Skill Notification: Look out for the Hard Charger Speed Skill notification on your screen to confirm your success.
- Skill Points Reward: Upon successful completion, you’ll receive the designated reward of skill points.
Additional Tips and Insights
- Repeated Attempts: It may take several tries to get this right. Patience and persistence are key.
- Vehicle Handling: Be aware of your car’s handling at high speeds to maintain control.
- Exploring the Map: Forza Horizon 5’s expansive map, reminiscent of earlier series installations like Forza Horizon 3, offers various suitable locations for this challenge. Experiment with different areas for optimal results.