Have you been wondering what the stars even mean in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?
Why do they even appear after completing one or moe cups?
These stars represent the game’s ranking system, and the higher your performance in a cup, the more stars you’ll get.
So having first answered that question, how about going to get all the stars in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?
How many stars can you get in Mario Kart?
The highest number of stars you can earn for each singular Grand Prix cup in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is 3.
Moreover, anytime you get three stars after a cup, you’ll receive a gold trophy as well.
Here is how to get three stars in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, to ensure that you receive a gold trophy each time.
How to get three stars in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
To earn three trophies at the end of a Grand Prix cup, which means you have to finish first in all four races.
You’ll get 15 points each time you win and 60 points to receive the three stars.
Here’s a brief summery of points combinations:
- Three first-places and one second-place: 57 points — two stars
- Two first-places and two second-places: 54 points — one star
- Any score below 54 points will get zero stars
Keep in mind that you need to earn first place in each race of each level of all cups on every difficulty level to get every star in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and all of the associated gold trophies.
This implies you’ll have to score 60 points in all Grand Prix cups at 50cc, 100cc, 200cc, and Mirror for every star.
By doing so you will also unlock Gold Mario in the process.
Tips for getting first place in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is simple to get the hang of, but mastering it may take some time. Here are a few hints to ensure you get top results.
After some practice, you’ll be earning first-place finishes like a pro.
- Select a great character.
- Choose the right go kart! You want a vehicle that’s both really fast and also handles well, with tires that have some of the best traction.
- Learn how to drift properly. This will basically give you speed boosts that will temporarily increase your maximum speed.
- Memorize the maps and the best shortcuts. Some shortcuts will put you far ahead of opponents by allowing you to win lots of time.
Keep these tips in mind and you’ll soon have all of the shiny stars in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
So there you have it, everything you need to know about getting all the stars in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Remember, you’ll have to earn first place in each race of each level of all cups on every difficulty level to get every star in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and all of the associated gold trophies.
But with enough practice, you’ll be racking up those stars and gold trophies in no time.
Do you have any additional tips for getting all the stars in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Let us know!