Looking to race in virtual reality for the first time?
Then the Oculus Quest 2 may probably be the perfect device for you.
Despite being plenty of different VR headsets available the market, picking the right one for sim racing can be a pretty daunting task, especially if it’s your first time with vr.
Headsets like the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and PlayStation VR are all great for sim racing though they come with really expensives price tags.
So if you’re looking for a more affordable yet powerful solution, the Oculus Quest 2 may be the right one for you.
And the Oculus Quest is one of those extremely few standalone headsets that doesn’t require a PC or a phone to work.
This means that all you need is the headset itself and you
There are really a ton of advantages that come from the Oculus Quest 2.
In fact, there are a number of reasons why this device deserves to be considered one of the best VR devices for sim racing.
Coming with a 128GB and 256GB storage size the Quest 2 provides plenty of space for all your sim racing downloads.
So let’s now answer some frequently asked question about the Oculus Quest 2.
Table of Contents
- What is the difference between Oculus Quest 2 and Oculus Rift?
- Are there any racing games for Oculus quest?
- Does the Oculus Quest 2 work with Assetto Corsa?
- Does Oculus Quest 2 work with iRacing?
- How do I connect Oculus to iRacing?
- How do you get 120 Hz on Quest 2?
- What is the best VR headset for sim racing?
- Is the Oculus Quest 2 worth it?
- Looking to get faster in ACC? Try now our GT3 Setup Bundles!
- Sim Racing VR Headsets – Relate Guides
What is the difference between Oculus Quest 2 and Oculus Rift?
The Oculus Quest 2 is a standalone 6DOF mobile VR headset, whereas the Rift S is a desktop PC unit.
It in fact doesn’t require any external sensors to track your movement, as it has built-in sensors.
Are there any racing games for Oculus quest?
The Oculus Quest 2 comes with its own library where you can find plenty of racing games.
But what’s great about the Quest 2 is that it’s also compatible with the Oculus Rift library, so you have access to a much, much bigger library of games.
Though you’ll also be able to use the most advanced and popular racing simulation softwares including iRacing, AC and ACC.
Does the Oculus Quest 2 work with Assetto Corsa?
Yes it does and that’s such a great news for all the Assetto Corsa and ACC fans.
Assetto Corsa is a really great racing software simulator, and the fact that it works with the Quest 2 makes the Quest 2 a very powerful device for sim racing.
Does Oculus Quest 2 work with iRacing?
Yes it does.
In fact, iRacing is one of the most popular racing simulation software out there and it’s a perfect match for the Quest 2.
iRacing is the software that offers sim racers an equivalent of real life racing, while also allowing them to drive against thousands of other racers so applying virtual reality with iRacing makes perfect sense.
How do I connect Oculus to iRacing?
You can connect it by:
- Going to the iRacing user interface and clicking on the helmet icon at the top right hand side:
- Then click on “Settings”;
- Then click the “Interface” tab at the top and choose Graphics config;
- This will now open the “”Auto-Configure Graphics” setup.
Then you should be good to go 🙂
How do you get 120 Hz on Quest 2?
To get the 120Hertz, you’ll need to:
- update your Quest 2 to version 28.
- Then, on the Quest 2’s “Settings” menu, enable experimental features.
- You’ll see it under that section, so activate it from there
What is the best VR headset for sim racing?
If you’re interested about that we’ve recently wrote an in depth article about it.
To read more about the best headsets for sim racing visit our article here.
We’ve compared the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR and the new Oculus Quest 2.
Is the Oculus Quest 2 worth it?
If you’re interested in virtual reality and sim racing, then the Oculus Quest 2 may be the right choice for you.
The Quest 2 offers a more affordable yet still high performance device for sim racing, so it’s definitely worth the money.
Aside from offering a much more affordable price than other devices, the Quest 2 is also standalone so you don’t need any other devices to use it.
And it’s also compatible with the Rift library, so you have access to a much bigger library of game features.
Plus, it also works with the most popular racing simulation software including iRacing and Assetto Corsa.
So if you’re looking to get into VR and sim racing, the Oculus Quest 2 should be your number one choice 😉
You can get it here on Amazon!
Looking to get faster in ACC? Try now our GT3 Setup Bundles!
Sim Racing VR Headsets – Relate Guides
- Is The HTC Vive Good for Sim Racing?
- Is the Valve Index VR Headset Good for Sim Racing?
- Is The Oculus Quest 2 Good for Sim Racing?
- Best VR Headsets for Sim Racing
- Best VR Headsets for iRacing
- Best VR Headsets for ACC
- HTC Vive Pro 2 vs Valve Index
- Oculus Rift vs Valve Index
- Oculus Rift vs HTC Vive
- Oculus Rift vs Windows Mixed Reality