Looking for the best F1 2021 controller settings? We’ve got you covered!
In this guide, we will show you the ideal settings to use with your controller in order to get the most out of your experience.
So, whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced racer, read on to find out how to set up your controller for optimum performance.
F1 2021 Generic Controls
- MFD Car Setup Panel = Default
- Overtake ERS Mode = Hold
Make sure the ERS Overtake mode is set to “Hold” as that will result much easier to manage your energy during the race and especially during the overtaking maneuvers.
If you set it to Hold it will mean that you can keep the button fully pressed to use the extra power for as long as you need.
Controller Calibration Settings
In order to change your controller calibration settings, head over to “Calibration” and configure the following settings below.
- Steering Deadzone = 2
- Steering Linearity = 50
- Steering Saturation = 1
- Throttle Deadzone = 0
- Throttle Linearity = 50 (also try with 0)
- Throttle Saturation = 0
- Brake Deadzone = 0
- Brake Linearity = 50 (also try with 0)
- Brake Saturation = 0
Vibration & Force Feedback settings
- Vibration & Force Feedback = On
- Vibration & Force Feedback strength = 100
- On Track Effects = 100
- Rumble Strip Effects = 100
- Off Track Effects = 100
- Wheel Damper = 50
- Understeer Enhance = On
- Maximum Wheel Rotation = 270°
For some drivers, heavy amounts of Force Feedback can prove difficult with controllers so you can lower it down to 70 or 50 in case you needed less FFB response.
Can you use a controller on F1 2021?
Of course you can use a controller in F1 2021, but be aware that it won’t be as easy and realistic to drive as with a proper racing wheel. That’s because the FFB you get from a controller is very limited compared to a Fanatec or Thrustmaster racing wheel.
Is F1 2021 hard on controller?
It’s usually relatively hard to drive and win online races with a controller, but it can get much easier with proper controller calibration and FFB settings. Consider reading our detailed controller settings guide for that.
So here were all the most realistic and advanced controller settings for Formula 1 2021.
Remember to experiment and see what works best for you, as all drivers are different.
We hope that this guide will help you get the most out of your experience!
Looking to get faster in ACC? Try now our GT3 Setups!
F1 2021 – Related articles
- Best F1 2021 wheel & FFB settings
- F1 2021 Fanatec Podium DD2 & CSL Elite settings
- F1 2021 Logitech G29/G920 settings
- F1 2021 Thrustmaster TX, TMX & T300 settings
- F1 2021 Fanatec CSL DD settings
- Best F1 2021 graphics settings
- Best F1 2021 keyboard controls settings
- Best F1 2021 driving tips to get super fast
- F1 2021 realistic camera settings