Looking for the best controller settings to play on Forza Motorsport 7?
As you can imagine having the most accurate Forza 7 controller settings could make a very big difference to your lap times and online races.
That’s why we’ve spent plenty of time researching and testing all the different variations to finally share with you our most recommended ones.
So if you’re really serious about getting the most out of your driving in Forza Motorsport 7, make sure to apply these FM7 controller settings from today.
Table of Contents
- Can you play Forza Motorsport 7 with a controller?
- Is Forza Motorsport 7 good with a Controller?
- What assists should I use for racing Forza Motorsport 7 with a controller?
- What are the best controller settings for Forza Motorsport 7?
- Recommended FM7 controller layout
- What are the best controllers for playing on Forza Motorsport 7?
- Forza Motorsport 7 Controller Settings FAQ
- Can You Play Forza Motorsport 7 with a Controller?
- Is Forza Motorsport 7 Good with a Controller?
- What Assists Should I Use for Racing Forza Motorsport 7 with a Controller?
- What is the Recommended FM7 Controller Layout?
- What are the Best Controllers for Playing Forza Motorsport 7?
- Forza Motorsport 7 Controller Settings FAQ
- How Can I Improve My Lap Times in Forza Motorsport 7 Using a Controller?
- Can Adjusting Controller Settings in Forza Motorsport 7 Affect My Racing Performance?
- Why is the Gear Shift Set to Automatic in the Recommended Controller Settings for Forza Motorsport 7?
- What Vibration Scale is Recommended for the Best Experience in Forza Motorsport 7?
- How Does the Controller Compare to a Steering Wheel for Playing Forza Motorsport 7?
- Are There Any Alternative Controllers Recommended for Forza Motorsport 7 Besides Xbox and PlayStation Controllers?
- Forza Motorsport 7 – Related articles
Can you play Forza Motorsport 7 with a controller?
Yes, you can definitely play Forza Motorsport 7 with a controller but you’ll need to set your settings properly to avoid making mistakes and losing precious time with your driving.
Is Forza Motorsport 7 good with a Controller?
Yes, it is. Even though a controller may not be as fast as using a steering wheel, you can still get some pretty fast lap times if only you use the right settings.
In fact, the best way to find that is by experimenting with different controls until you find the right ones for your driving style.
What assists should I use for racing Forza Motorsport 7 with a controller?
Assists can help you massively when using a controller and here are the ones we recommend you to use:
- Gear Shift = Automatic
- Traction Control = Full
- ABS = Full
We generally suggest setting the gear shift to automatic since you won’t really have the time to shift properly when racing with a controller in FM7.
What are the best controller settings for Forza Motorsport 7?
Here are our recommended Xbox/PS4 controller setting for Forza Motorsport 7:
- Steering axis deadzone inside = 0
- Steering axis deadzone outside = 100
- Acceleration axis deadzone inside = 1
- Acceleration axis deadzone Outside = 100
- Deceleration axis deadzone inside = 0
- Deceleration axis deadzone Outside = 100
- Clutch axis deadzone Inside = 0
- Clutch axis deadzone Outside = 100
- Handbrake axis deadzone Inside = 0
- Handbrake axis deadzone Outside = 100
- Vibration scale = 55
Recommended FM7 controller layout
After trying out different setups, we found that this is the best FM7 controller layout that works for us:
- Throttle = LT
- Brake/Reverse = RT
- Steer left = Left stick
- Steer right = Right srick
As you can see, the LT-RT triggers are used for acceleration and braking while the left and right gyroscope are mapped to the steering.
What are the best controllers for playing on Forza Motorsport 7?
The best controllers for Forza 7 are definitely the Xbox 360 and Xbox One. They allow you to have a much better grip on the car and make it easier to control through the sticks.
If you don’t have either of those, then using a PlayStation 4 controller for playing on PS4 will be totally fine.
So here were our recommended Forza Motorsport 7 controller settings to race on FM7.
We hope you found this guide helpful and that you’ll be able to use these settings to your advantage while driving.
Remember that if any of these settings won’t work for you, then feel free to experiment with different ones until you find the perfect setup for your needs.
Good luck and we’ll see you on track!
Forza Motorsport 7 Controller Settings FAQ
Forza Motorsport 7 – Related articles
- Forza 7 keyboard controls settings
- Forza 7 graphics settings
- Forza Motorsport 7 Fanatec settings
- Forza Logitech G29/G920 settings
- Forza 7 Thrustmaster T300, TX, TMX settings
- Best Forza 7 tips to get really fast