Looking for the best and most realistic graphics settings for Assetto Corsa without hurting your fps?
As you may have guessed, having the proper settings makes a huge difference when it comes to overtaking and setting fastest laps.
In fact, the right graphics settings are often the difference between a podium finish and an average result.
Remember though that in order to run high graphics setting your PC and GPU will have to be up to the task.
Luckily, we’ve gone ahead and put together a comprehensive guide on the best Assetto Corsa graphics settings for PC, so you can get the most out of your experience without sacrificing image quality or frame rate.
The first thing you need to do is make sure that you check your GPU is up to the minimum requirements set by Assetto Corsa.
This will ensure that you have the best possible performance and avoid any potential glitches or bugs.
Install Shaders Patch and SOL
Once you’ve done that, we’ll want to install the Shaders Patch and SOL.
Those will make the contrast and brightness very realistic and will also fix some graphical imperfections.
Next you’ll want to be aware of “post processing filters”
Setting up your post processing filters
In case you didn’t know it yet, post processing filters will change the entire look of the game, especially with SOL’s function that carry settings with the filters so it can alter the shape/size of the sun, change ambient lighting, environment settings and all that.
Here are 4 of the different post processing filters you can choose
- A3PP – probably the best looking filter out of the box
- Comfy’s filter – The simplest yet effective filter to get started
- Rusty’s filter – Simple filter with some nice extra features
- Immersive Filter – It’s a bit heavy & complex but will take awesome screenshots
As you can see you’ll be able to choose the appropriate filter based on your preference and you could even try all of them to see what’s best for you.
Assetto Corsa Graphics Settings List
Let’s now have a look at the specific settings you’ll need to select in order to get the most realistic experience out of Assetto Corsa.
The list of the most realistic AC graphics settings are:
- MSAA = 2x
- Anistropic Filtering = 16x
- World Details = Medium
- Shadow Resolution = 512×512
- Smoke Generation = Minimum
- Reflections Resolution = 512×512
- Rendering Frequency = 3 faces per frame
- Rendering Distance = 810m
- Filter = Rusty
- Overall Quality = Medium
- Glare Quality = High
- Depth Of Field = Medium
- Heat Shimmering = Disabled
- Sunrays = Enabled
- Mirror Res = 128×512
- HQ Mirror = ON
- Skybox Reflections = 100%
- Mip LOD Bias = 0
So as you can see we’ve tried to maximize the most important settings while giving zero values for the not so important ones.
Doing this will make the graphics look amazing while still running smoothly on your PC.
That’s it for our guide on the best Assetto Corsa graphics settings for PC!
Hope you were able to extrapolate some interesting insights and that you’re now on your way to becoming an Assetto Corsa master.
As you can see, having the appropriate settings will make a whole world of difference when it comes to your Assetto Corsa experience.
So make sure to follow the guide and enjoy the game at its fullest potential!
Until next time, see you on track!
Looking to get faster in ACC? Try now our GT3 Setup Bundles!
Assetto Corsa – Related Articles
- Assetto Corsa Controller settings
- Best Assetto Corsa VR settings
- Assetto Corsa Keyboard controls settings
- Assetto Corsa tips to get really fast
- Assetto Corsa Wheel & FFB settings
- Assetto Corsa Fanatec Wheel & FFB settings
- Best Assetto Corsa Fanatec Podium settings
- Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster settings
- Assetto Corsa Logitech G29/G920 settings