Looking for the best and most realistic graphics settings for Assetto Corsa without hurting your fps?
As you may have guessed, having the proper settings makes a huge difference when it comes to overtaking and setting fastest laps.
In fact, the right graphics settings are often the difference between a podium finish and an average result.
Remember though that in order to run high graphics setting your PC and GPU will have to be up to the task.
Luckily, we’ve gone ahead and put together a comprehensive guide on the best Assetto Corsa graphics settings for PC, so you can get the most out of your experience without sacrificing image quality or frame rate.
The first thing you need to do is make sure that you check your GPU is up to the minimum requirements set by Assetto Corsa.
This will ensure that you have the best possible performance and avoid any potential glitches or bugs.
Table of Contents
- Install Shaders Patch and SOL
- Setting up your post processing filters
- Assetto Corsa Graphics Settings List
- Assetto Corsa Graphics Settings FAQs
- Why Are Graphics Settings Important in Assetto Corsa?
- How Do Shaders Patch and SOL Improve Assetto Corsa’s Graphics?
- What Are Post Processing Filters in Assetto Corsa?
- How to Choose the Right Post Processing Filter in Assetto Corsa?
- What Are the Optimal Graphics Settings for Assetto Corsa?
- Can Adjusting Graphics Settings Impact Assetto Corsa’s Performance?
- Looking to get faster in ACC? Try now our GT3 Setup Bundles!
- Assetto Corsa – Related Articles
Install Shaders Patch and SOL
Once you’ve done that, we’ll want to install the Shaders Patch and SOL.
Those will make the contrast and brightness very realistic and will also fix some graphical imperfections.
Next you’ll want to be aware of “post processing filters”
Setting up your post processing filters
In case you didn’t know it yet, post processing filters will change the entire look of the game, especially with SOL’s function that carry settings with the filters so it can alter the shape/size of the sun, change ambient lighting, environment settings and all that.
Here are 4 of the different post processing filters you can choose
- A3PP – probably the best looking filter out of the box
- Comfy’s filter – The simplest yet effective filter to get started
- Rusty’s filter – Simple filter with some nice extra features
- Immersive Filter – It’s a bit heavy & complex but will take awesome screenshots
As you can see you’ll be able to choose the appropriate filter based on your preference and you could even try all of them to see what’s best for you.
Assetto Corsa Graphics Settings List
Let’s now have a look at the specific settings you’ll need to select in order to get the most realistic experience out of Assetto Corsa.
The list of the most realistic AC graphics settings are:
- MSAA = 2x
- Anistropic Filtering = 16x
- World Details = Medium
- Shadow Resolution = 512×512
- Smoke Generation = Minimum
- Reflections Resolution = 512×512
- Rendering Frequency = 3 faces per frame
- Rendering Distance = 810m
- Filter = Rusty
- Overall Quality = Medium
- Glare Quality = High
- Depth Of Field = Medium
- Heat Shimmering = Disabled
- Sunrays = Enabled
- Mirror Res = 128×512
- HQ Mirror = ON
- Skybox Reflections = 100%
- Mip LOD Bias = 0
So as you can see we’ve tried to maximize the most important settings while giving zero values for the not so important ones.
Doing this will make the graphics look amazing while still running smoothly on your PC.
That’s it for our guide on the best Assetto Corsa graphics settings for PC!
Hope you were able to extrapolate some interesting insights and that you’re now on your way to becoming an Assetto Corsa master.
As you can see, having the appropriate settings will make a whole world of difference when it comes to your Assetto Corsa experience.
So make sure to follow the guide and enjoy the game at its fullest potential!
Until next time, see you on track!
Assetto Corsa Graphics Settings FAQs
Why Are Graphics Settings Important in Assetto Corsa?
Proper graphics settings in Assetto Corsa are crucial for enhancing your racing experience. They can be the difference between achieving a podium finish and an average result, especially when it comes to overtaking and setting the fastest laps.
How Do Shaders Patch and SOL Improve Assetto Corsa’s Graphics?
Installing the Shaders Patch and SOL in Assetto Corsa enhances the game’s realism. These modifications improve contrast and brightness and fix various graphical imperfections, offering a more immersive racing experience.
What Are Post Processing Filters in Assetto Corsa?
Post processing filters in Assetto Corsa change the game’s overall look, affecting aspects like the shape and size of the sun, ambient lighting, and environment settings. Filters like A3PP, Comfy’s filter, Rusty’s filter, and the Immersive Filter each offer unique visual enhancements.
How to Choose the Right Post Processing Filter in Assetto Corsa?
Choosing the right post processing filter in Assetto Corsa depends on your preference for visual style and performance impact. You can experiment with different filters like A3PP for great visuals, Comfy’s for simplicity, Rusty’s for extra features, and the Immersive Filter for high-quality screenshots.
What Are the Optimal Graphics Settings for Assetto Corsa?
To achieve the most realistic experience in Assetto Corsa, set MSAA to 2x, Anistropic Filtering to 16x, World Details to Medium, Shadow Resolution to 512×512, and adjust other settings like Smoke Generation, Reflections Resolution, and Rendering Frequency accordingly. This balance maximizes important settings while maintaining smooth performance.
Can Adjusting Graphics Settings Impact Assetto Corsa’s Performance?
Yes, adjusting graphics settings in Assetto Corsa can significantly impact the game’s performance. Optimizing settings like MSAA, Anistropic Filtering, and Shadow Resolution ensures high-quality visuals without compromising frame rate, essential for a smooth and realistic racing experience.
Looking to get faster in ACC? Try now our GT3 Setup Bundles!
Assetto Corsa – Related Articles
- Assetto Corsa Controller settings
- Best Assetto Corsa VR settings
- Assetto Corsa Keyboard controls settings
- Assetto Corsa tips to get really fast
- Assetto Corsa Wheel & FFB settings
- Assetto Corsa Fanatec Wheel & FFB settings
- Best Assetto Corsa Fanatec Podium settings
- Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster settings
- Assetto Corsa Logitech G29/G920 settings