Looking for a new challenge in your sim racing career?
Virtual reality might just be what you need!
Assetto Corsa is such a realistic racing simulator that offers great driving physics and graphics as well as tons of realistic cars and tracks.
Combine that with VR, and you have an immersive experience that can take your skills to the next level.
In this guide, we’ll show you how you can get started playing Assetto Corsa in VR on your PC.
Here’s what you’ll need for setting yourself in VR
- An Oculus Rift headset
- Assetto Corsa and a PC(duh)
- A steering wheel or a joystick
But before getting started, let’s first answer a couple of popular VR related questions we’ve found on reddit.
Table of Contents
- Is Assetto Corsa Competizione in VR?
- Is Oculus Rift supported by Assetto Corsa?
- Can I play Assetto Corsa with VR ps4?
- Assetto corsa VR requirements (Graphics card etc…)
- How do I play Assetto Corsa in VR 2022?
- What VR works with Assetto Corsa?
- How do I launch Assetto Corsa in VR with content manager?
- Does Assetto Corsa support PSVR?
- How demanding is Assetto Corsa VR?
- Can I play Assetto Corsa in VR without a wheel?
- Is VR in sim racing worth it?
- Wrap up:
- Looking to get faster in ACC? Try now our GT3 Setup Bundles!
- Assetto Corsa – Related Articles
- VR Racing Games – Related Articles
Is Assetto Corsa Competizione in VR?
Yes, of course. Assetto corsa has managed to set itself up for virtual reality since a few years and has gotten better year after year.
We’re so looking forward to each and every software updaterelated to virtual reality.
Is Oculus Rift supported by Assetto Corsa?
Again, yes. As other brands, Oculus Rift is fully supported since version 1.4.
That’s such a great news after having seen the development of Oculus and VR in in sim racing and esports in general.
Now that virtual reality is finally here for gaming, a whole new world is set to be explored.
Can I play Assetto Corsa with VR ps4?
Unfortunately not, Assetto Corsa is PC exclusive so you won’t be able to play it with a virtual reality ps4 headset.
That fact is that at the moment console doesn’t seem to have the same graphics and computing power of PC.
So if you want to play Assetto Corsa with a virtual reality headset, then you’ll have to go for PC.
Assetto corsa VR requirements (Graphics card etc…)
The requirements for playing Assetto Corsa in VR is a bit higher than those for regular sim racing, as you might imagine.
Here are the minimum PC system requirements to run Assetto Corsa with Oculus Rift:
- GPU: GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290 equivalent or greater
- CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB or more
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 or later, Windows 10
The shiny graphics of the cars and tracks will demand a good amount of graphical power from your PC in order to run smoothly. That’s where a good graphics card comes in place.
If instead you’re looking to get a bit more out of your VR experience, you might want to consider some of the following recommendations:
- GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 equivalent or greater
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
- RAM: 16 GB or more
- Operating system: Windows 10
Although those are not necessarily required to run Assetto Corsa in VR, they will make a huge difference to the graphics.
How do I play Assetto Corsa in VR 2022?
To play Assetto Corsa in Virtual Reality, you need to use your Oculus Rift headset and the official Oculus Home app to install and play Assetto Corsa in VR.
It’s actually pretty simple and you can look up for some tutorials on youtube on how to get started.
If you’re feeling lost, you can also check out the official Assetto Corsa website where they have a pretty comprehensive guide on how to set everything up.
What VR works with Assetto Corsa?
Assetto corsa is playable on the HTC Vive Pro 2 and Oculus Quest 2.
Though the Oculus Rift is the headset that is the most popular one and therefore the one most widely used.
It’s also worth mentioning that you can play Assetto Corsa only on PC while using an Oculus Quest 2 headset. No chance on getting it to wok on console.
How do I launch Assetto Corsa in VR with content manager?
You can do that by going to the AC content manager and do the following actions:
Top right corner of the launcher -> Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> Video -> Select the Rendering Mode to Oculus Rift
It should now work.
Does Assetto Corsa support PSVR?
Assetto Corsa does not support PSVR unfortunately, though it may change in the near future.
How demanding is Assetto Corsa VR?
Actually it’s about getting used to it.
Virtual reality is so realistic and immersive that, sometimes, because of the surround sound and the 3D effects it can feel a bit overwhelming.
However we do recommend trying to get used to it as much as possible because virtual reality really does add a whole new layer of realism to virtual racing allowing you to be even more involved in your favourite online multiplayer series.
Can I play Assetto Corsa in VR without a wheel?
Actually yes, but is that really what you want to do?
We’re not saying that’s impossible, but you need to be aware that the game in VR really isn’t designed for playing without a steering wheel or any other controller.
You can try it out if you really want to, but then we recommend you shifting to a cockpit view as it will make the racing experience a lot better.
Is VR in sim racing worth it?
That’s a question that is pretty hard to answer as it really depends on what you’re looking for in a VR experience.
We’re still pretty early in the virtual reality landscapes so we’ll need to wait and see.
Though right now, the answer is yes, it’s definitely worth it even though that may change in the future as VR technology advances and becomes more mainstream.
If you’re looking for an immersive and realistic racing experience, then yes, virtual reality is definitely worth it.
However, if you’re just looking to race around some tracks without too much immersion, then maybe VR isn’t for you just yet.
We hope this guide has answered some of your questions and got you pumped up to try out assetto corsa in VR!
It’s definitely an experience that we would recommend to any racing fan as it really does add a whole new level of realism and immersion to the game.
Just be aware that it can take some time to get used to it, but once you do, you’ll be hooked!
Thanks for reading and as always, happy sim racing!
Looking to get faster in ACC? Try now our GT3 Setup Bundles!
Assetto Corsa – Related Articles
- Assetto Corsa Graphics settings
- Assetto Corsa Controller settings
- Assetto Corsa Keyboard controls settings
- Assetto Corsa tips to get really fast
- Assetto Corsa Wheel & FFB settings
- Assetto Corsa Fanatec Wheel & FFB settings
- Best Assetto Corsa Fanatec Podium settings
- Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster settings
- Assetto Corsa Logitech G29/G920 settings
VR Racing Games – Related Articles
- iRacing VR review & settings
- ACC VR review & settings
- rFactor 2 VR review & settings
- Automobilista 2 VR review & settings
- RaceRoom VR review & settings