So if you’ve been draming about trying rFactor 2 on virtual reality then you’re in luck.
rFactor 2 has been releasing some incredible updates lately.
The game has grown leaps and bounds in features since it’s release back in March 2013.
I’ve been racing rFactor 2 for plenty of years already though have only recently discovered its virtual reality feature.
Does rFactor 2 support VR?
It absolutely does!
rFactor 2 feels quite a bit different (and better) in VR and you’re going to want to give it a try!
Racing in VR gives you an awesome feeling of immersion that you’re unlikely to get in a “normal” sim racing enviroment.
Which VR Headsets are supported on rFactor 2 VR?
If you have a Oculus QUest 2 or any other major VR headset I’d highly recommend that you try it with rFactor 2.
Also the HTC Vive Pro and the Valve index are supported for rFactor 2 VR.
Just make sure your settings are on point and that your headset is sycnhing properly with your game.
How to launch rFactor 2 in VR?
Once you have your headset all setup it’s time to enable VR mode in rFactor 2.
Here’s the list of steps you’ll need to follow:
- Go to Steam VR
- Launch rFactor 2 Graphics configuration
- Enable VR
- HMD only or HMD + Mirror
- Click Okay and launch the game
Make sure you PC is optimized for racing on VR
One thing to remember though, make sure your PC is able to handle the performance requirements of rFactor 2 such as having a powerful CPU and graphics card.
It’s important that your PC is running the game with settings optimized for VR.
Extra considerations for racing in VR
There’s a few things that are worth mentioning when discussing VR in rFactor 2.
1. You will want to use a racing wheel while in VR as it really adds to the experience.
2. You should also use a racing seat if possible as this will help increase the immersion.
3. You may find that you need to adjust the in-game brightness and contrast to get the most out of the VR experience.
4. You may also want to experiment with different FOV viewing distances to see what works best for you.
5. Finally, make sure to use the built-in rFactor 2 VR dashboard as it provides a lot of useful information while racing.
Tto wrap up:
Now make sure you just follow these simple steps to start racing in VR right now!
I hope the experience is as good for you as it has been for me.
Racing rFactor 2 on virtual reality is an incredibly immersive experience that I think all sim racers should give a try!
It can definitely help you improve your lap times as well as winning online races.
Make sure to check out rFactor 2 and to give the VR mode a try.
You’re going to love it!