Are you having a hard time getting good starts in F1 2021?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
In this quick guide, I’m going to share with you some tips that will help you get amazing starts every time.
Getting good starts can make the difference between winning and losing a race, especially short ones with only a few laps.
Being so essential, it becomes extremely important to learn how to get them right.
As you will see, there actually are a few things you’ll need to do in order to get good starts.
How do Starts Work in F1 2021?
Starts in F1 2021 can work in two different ways.
- You can select the option to start directly from the grid with no formation lap.
- You can go for the classic option of taking a Formation lap to warm up the tyres
The first option is usually more suited for occasional amateur players or beginners, whereas the second one is usually more difficult to get right and tend to be prefered by more experienced pro drivers.
In this guide we will focus more on the formation lap start procedure as it is the more difficult one to get right and usually provide more of an advantage if executed well.
How to Get lightning F1 2021 starts on autopilot
There is a tried and tested method for getting off to a good start every time.
Whether you are playing on PlayStation 4/5 or Xbox, there is a simple way for getting a lightning F1 start.
Many drivers commit the beginner mistake of will just holding down the clutch (X/A) and pressing full throttle to get maximum revs.
But this isn’t really the way to go about it as you will have too much torque causing wheel spin when releasing the clutch.
Here is what you should do instead to get really good starts in F1 2021:
- Wait for the red lights appearing on and put the clutch in
- On the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, there will be a message that says “Reach Optimal RPM”. Once you rev to approximately 12,000 to 13,000 RPM, this message will change to “Maintain Optimal RPM.”
- Hold the revs around that point and drop the clutch completely (not progressively) when the lights go out
- Don’t push ERS overtaking button too soon as it will generate wheelspin
- Short shift 1st and 2nd gear a little bit
- Follow and get into the slipstream of the car in front to reduce the drag
As you will see, once you start following this method you will be getting much better starts than before.
This is just one of the many tips that we have for you to get good starts in F1 2021.
So here were some tips for getting really good starts in F1 2021.
As you can see, there are a few things you need to do in order to get them right.
But once you get the hang of it, you’ll be getting amazing starts every time.
Just remember to wait for the message saying “Reach Optimal RPM” and then hold the revs around that point.
then drop the clutch completely when the lights go out and you’ll be on your way to victory.
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you’ll be able to put these tips to good use.
If you want to learn more, make sure to check out our other guides.
F1 2021 – Related Articles
- F1 2021 setups database
- Best F1 2021 Cars
- F1 2021 weather guide
- F1 2021 Vs F1 2020
- F1 2021 Multiplayer ranking system
- F1 2021 game in VR
- F1 2021 Pit Stop procedure guide
- Voice commands list for F1 2021
- Driver ratings & stats in F1 2021
- Best tips to win in F1 2021
- F1 2021 optimal tyre temperatures guide
- F1 2021 game tracks list
- F1 2021 controller vs wheel
- How to increase safety cars in F1 2021
- How to fix F1 2021 team radio not working