Looking to improve your performance in one of the most challenging and competitive sim racing games in the world?
If so, then you really want to know all the tips and tricks to get your driving performance to the next level in Gran Turismo 7.
The competition level in sim racing is fierce and has gotten even more competitive in recent years.
So, if you are not properly prepared, then you will get smoked out on the track.
Having said that, these top 7 tips will help you to get crazy fast in Gran Turismo 7 and be able to challenge for online race wins.
Table of Contents
- What are the best tips to get faster in Gran Turismo 7?
- How do I get better at Gran Turismo 7?
- 1. Brake later and harder than anyone
- 2. Follow the ideal racing line
- 3. Get soon to full throttle
- 4. Tune your car properly to increase PP
- 5. Drive clean & get rewarded
- 6. Learn from Pro drivers
- 7. Use a steering wheel and pedals for more precision and performance
- Gran Turismo 7 – Related articles
What are the best tips to get faster in Gran Turismo 7?
Here are the 7 most important tips and tricks you’ll need to apply in order to get faster in Gran Turismo 7:
- Brake later and harder than anyone
- Follow the ideal racing line
- Get soon to full throttle
- Tune your car properly to increase PP
- Drive clean & get rewarded
- Learn from Pro drivers
- Use a steering wheel and pedals for more precision and performance
How do I get better at Gran Turismo 7?
Let’s now have a look at each one of these Gran Turismo 7 tips in more detail so that you can get better at it and start winning races.
1. Brake later and harder than anyone
This is probably the most important aspect of driving fast.
If you wish to be faster than anyone, then you’ll need to learn how to brake properly and late into the corners.
This is a skill that takes time and practice to master but once you get it, you will be able to carry so much speed into the corners and gain plenty of valuable lap time.
Don’t worry about locking the tyres since you’ll be able to run the ABS assist and so you’ll be able to brake harder and harder without any issue.
2. Follow the ideal racing line
The next most important thing is to obsessively follow the ideal racing line that appears on the track.
This is the fastest and most efficient way around the circuit so there’s a reason why you should follow it.
It’s also important to note that the racing line will sometimes change according to the grip level of the tyres and of your car, so when the performance increases you’ll then have to adapt with your lines and driving style, too.
3. Get soon to full throttle
After you’ve mastered the braking part, the next thing you’ll need to do is get on the gas as early and as hard as you can.
This will help you to exit the corners quicker and with more speed.
As a general rule of thumb, you should be at full throttle just after you’ve completed the rotation at the apex, thus allowing you to have the best traction and exit speed possible.
Once you’ll practice that for a while, you’ll see a massive difference in your lap time performance.
4. Tune your car properly to increase PP
Tuning your car is an essential part of the game and if you want to be competitive, then you really need to do it.
There are many things that you can tune on your car like the suspension, brakes, transmission, tyres and engine tuning.
You’ll want to increase those performance points (PP) from your car since then you’ll stand a chance of setting fastest laps, winning races and progressing with the career mode.
5. Drive clean & get rewarded
If you want to be really competitive in online races, then you’ll need to drive as clean as possible.
This means not causing any incidents and sticking to the racing line as much as you car without frequently going into the grass.
The reason for that is because online races will often have a code of conduct that punishes drivers who cause accidents, by lowering their license driver rating, and so it’s important to be aware of that.
6. Learn from Pro drivers
Another great tip is to learn from the best Gran Turismo 7 drivers in the world.
You can do that by spectating their races, following their driving lines and learning from their overall race craft.
This will help you to understand how to drive properly to elevate your performance.
Take some time to watch onboard videos and race replay on youtube so that you can improve your knowledge and driving style.
7. Use a steering wheel and pedals for more precision and performance
Last but not least, if you want to have the best possible experience while playing Gran Turismo 7, then you should really invest in a proper steering wheel and pedals set.
This will help you to have much more control over the car and thus you’ll be able to drive faster and with more precision.
Just make sure that you get a decent quality steering wheel so that it doesn’t break easily.
An entry-level $250 Logitech G29 or Thrustmaster T300 will improve your driving performance massively compared to racing on controllers.
So here were the 7 essential tips and tricks that you need to know in order to win races and set fastest laps in Gran Turismo 7.
Practice makes perfect so make sure to put in the long hours and you’ll be guaranteed to become a Gran Turismo Pro
Good luck and we’ll see you on track. 🙂
Gran Turismo 7 – Related articles
- Gran Turismo 7 FOV settings
- Gran Turismo 7 graphics settings
- Gran Turismo 7 controller settings
- Gran Turismo 7 keyboard settings
- Gran Turismo 7 Fanatec settings
- Gran Turismo 7 Logitech G29/G920 settings
- Gran Turismo 7 Thrustmaster T300, TX & TMX settings
- Best Gran Turismo 7 wheel & FFB settings
- Best steering wheels for Gran Turismo 7
- Gran Turismo 7 system requirements
- Best Gran Turismo 7 Driving tips