Are you looking to get the most out of your Fanatec CSL DD wheel for F1 2021?
In this quick guide, we’ll show you some of the best settings that you can use to improve your driving experience using the Fanatec wheel.
So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced racer, make sure to check out these settings!
As you will see these settings have been tried and tested from top sim racers from around the world.
The first thing you’ll want to do is make sure that your Fanatec CSL DD wheel is properly calibrated and then adjust the force feedback settings accordingly.
That’s really key when it comes to unlocking performance and getting the most out of your F1 racing experience.
How to change Fanatec wheel settings in F1 2021?
In order for you to change the wheel FFB settings from your Fanatec CSL DD, you’ll have to go through the following steps:
- Go to F1 2021 “Settings” menu
- Selects “Controls, Vibration & Force feedback”
- Select your “Fanatec” steering
- Click on “Edit”
- First change “Calibration” and then change “Vibration & Force Feedback”
As you can see within five steps you should be able to enter the Fanatec CSL DD settings menu where you can start adjusting them following our guidelines below.
Calibration settings for the Fanatec F1 2021
Listed below you can find our recommended calibration settings for the Fanatec CSL DD wheel.
Pro sim racers and youtubers seem to be using the same settings whiches makes it a lot easier for newcomers to just copy and paste these into their own game.
So if you’re looking to get the most authentic F1 2021 experience, make sure to use these settings.
- Steering deadzone = o
- Steering linearity = 0
- Steering saturation = 0
- Throttle deadzone = 0
- Throttle linearity = 0
- Throttle saturation = 0
- Brake deadzone = 0
- Brake linearity = 0
- Brake saturation = 0
Vibration and Force Feedback settings
Let’s now have a look at the Fanatec CSL DD vibration and force feedback settings that we recommend using for F1 2021.
This is where things can start to get a bit more subjective, but we’ve found that these settings offer a great balance between realism and gameplay.
You can of course tweak them to your own liking, but we think that these are a great starting point.
The settings below should help you achieve maximum performance from your Fanatec CSL DD:
- Vibration & force feedback = On
- Vibration & force feedback Strength = 50
- On track effects = 10
- Rumble strip effects = 15
- Off track effects = 15
- Wheel damper = 5
- Understeer enhance = Off
- Maximum Wheel Rotation = 270°
As you can see we’ve set the “vibration & force feedback strength” to 75 even though that will vary a lot from driver to driver.
As a rule of thumb, the higher the FFB strength, the more effort you will need when turning the wheel since it will get harder.
On the contrary, if you set it to a lower value the steering will feel more light and easy to drive.
Usually, though, a Fanatec CSL direct drive wheelbase will not need to have the FFB strength set to a really high value (80+) since the FF strength is already hard on its own compared to lower-end wheels like the Logitec and Thrustmaster.
So here were our most realistic and recommended Fanatec CSL DD wheel settings for F1 2021.
We hope that you found this guide helpful and that it will help you get the most out of your Fanatec wheel.
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to reach us out.
Good luck and happy F1 racing! 🙂
F1 2021 – Related articles
- Best F1 2021 wheel & FFB settings
- F1 2021 Fanatec Podium DD2 & CSL Elite settings
- F1 2021 Logitech G29/G920 settings
- F1 2021 Thrustmaster TX, TMX & T300 settings
- Best F1 2021 graphics settings
- Best F1 2021 controller settings
- Best F1 2021 keyboard controls settings
- Best F1 2021 driving tips to get super fast
- Realistic F1 2021 AI settings [for every track]
- F1 2021 realistic camera settings
Fanatec FFB settings – Related Articles
- iRacing Fanatec FFB settings
- Best ACC Fanatec FFB settings
- Assetto Corsa Fanatec FFB settings
- F1 2020 Fanatec FFB settings
- rFactor 2 Fanatec FFB settings
- RaceRoom Fanatec FFB settings
- Automobilista 2 Fanatec FFB settings
- GT Sport Fanatec FFB settings
- Gran Turismo 7 Fanatec FFB settings
- Project Cars 3 Fanatec FFB settings
- Project Cars 2 Fanatec FFB settings
- WRC 10 Fanatec FFB settings
- Forza Motorsport 6 Fanatec FFB settings
- Forza Motorsport 7 Fanatec FFB settings
- Forza Horizon 4 Fanatec FFB settings
- Forza Horizon 5 Fanatec FFB settings
- Nascar Heat 5 Fanatec FFB settings